As we begin the near calendar year, many of us make a new year’s resolution of “losing weight” or “being more active” to try and return to a more healthy lifestyle. Although it sounds like a great idea, it can be very difficult for people to prepare and maintain the changes they want to make whether it’s eating a better diet, maintaining a workout schedule, or attempting to stop our bad, unhealthy habits. When it comes both physical wellness as well as prevention of injuries or diseases, the physical therapy profession plays a prominent role in this area. Physical therapy would be a great outlet for people attempting to improve not only their physical health, but mentality of themselves and their lifestyle. Here are some ways physical therapy can help you prepare and accomplish your new healthy goals for the year:
- Perform a full body assessment including ROM, functional strength, and other mobility and stability assessment to give you the information on your impairments and deficits
- Collaborate and develop a plan of care program to based on both the client and physical therapist’s goals
- Educate you on the proper exercise regimen including technique and function to accomplish goals both safely and successfully
- Utilize skills and information in behavior changes to improve your overall lifestyle
- Communication with the client throughout the program to give them the motivation, education, and support to maintain and continue with their plan of care
Please feel free to contact Peak Physical Therapy for more information on how we can assist you in reach your goals in 2016!