Hand & Wrist Pain, Carpal Tunnel – What Costly Mistakes Will You Make When Trying To This Pain Successfully?
FREE REPORT: “Your Hand & Wrist Pain: 5 Most Common Reasons”
Click – Download – Read – Learn about the Today’s Most Common Reasons for Hand & Wrist Pain from a clinician with over 25 years of experience!
…And read below on how to end Hand & Wrist Pain naturally that your doctor isn’t telling you
Yours Free From Senior Physiotherapist, Sasha Digges
A personal message from physical therapist, Sasha Digges…
- Are you worried about hand & wrist pain that isn’t going away on its own, no matter how much “rest” you’ve been told to do?
- Does it concern you that you’re losing your ability to use your hands? To the point where normal activities are almost impossible?
- Are you frustrated that doctors, chiropractic, or acupuncture hasn’t worked, and your pain seems to be getting worse?
- Have you been diagnosed with “Carpal Tunnel” and are having trouble holding a full cup because of sharp pain or weakness?
- Does it concern you that medications/injections haven’t worked? And you might be facing a dangerous surgery?
If any of this sounds like you, and you are looking to finally get some relief from your hand & wrist pain…
And also find a permanent fix to your problem…
Then I assure you, you’ve come to the right place.
The number of people suffering from hand & wrist problems every day is skyrocketing at a very alarming rate.
And what’s worrying to me is I hear about so many people who suffer needlessly from hand & wrist pain, who are often told:
- They are in pain because of their ‘age’ and they need to “accept it”,
- To just take a variety of pills (many of which we know are addicting and dangerous)
- “We don’t know why you’re in pain…”
- “Just rest, or do some stretches.”
- You need to have carpal tunnel surgery, no matter what
Hand & Wrist pain is much more complex than that…
…and if you are struggling to keep active, or worried about pain that isn’t going away…
… and you are someone who wants nothing more than just to get back to your normal, active lifestyle…
… then I assure you, you’ve come to the right place.
At PEAK Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation, we specialize in helping people heal their hands & wrists naturally, and return to their normal, active lifestyles without pills and surgery.
We understand it can be difficult to know exactly what you should do when you’ve got a hand & wrist injury. It can be overwhelming with the amount of options that are out there.
- Friends tell you to try some product…
- … family members tell you to go see this chiropractor,
- … a co-worker mentions this Acupuncturist…
- … a doctor says to try physical therapy…
- … the “experts” on YouTube tell you to try THIS stretch
- … and meanwhile the doctors are giving you painkillers or muscle relaxants (that we know only mask the problem anyway…)
It can be hard to decide to seek care, because you might be afraid of what may happen if you make the wrong decision.
We Will Help You Make Sense of it all, to put Your Mind at Ease…
Many people (doctors included) make the CRITICAL MISTAKE of only treating the “symptom” of pain, and not taking the necessary time, or energy to understand the true, “primary causes” of the problem.
When it comes to something as serious as hand & wrist pain, or carpal tunnel…
Choosing the right provider, and getting the absolute best ‘non-invasive treatment’ could mean the difference between you getting back to your normal active lifestyle, or a life on painkillers and needing a potentially life-altering surgery.
Or goal at PEAK Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation is not only to get rid of your pain, but also heal your body and give you a PERMANENT fix to your problems.
Which is why here, at PEAK Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation, we have created a very comprehensive, 5-step method to not only get rid of your pain, but also fix it for good.
Step 1: Getting to Know You – Meet YOU where You Are!
We understand the frustrations out there in the medical system. It’s hard to get more than 15 minutes with a doctor, or even find a way to get the specialized care you need.
And even with most physical therapy clinics, treatments often feel rushed, impersonal, and not very focused…
Which is why our very first step, before we begin any form of treatment is to get to know you!
Because every single person who suffers from hand & wrist pain is different. We all have different body types, past injuries, and different levels of pain tolerance.
At PEAK Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation, we understand that every single person is unique, which is why our first step is to get a deep understanding of what is happening to you, and how you want to feel. So we can create a plan that focuses around YOU and your goals.
At PEAK Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation, we have created an environment that was designed for healing.
Which starts with having an open, honest conversation about your health.
We want to make sure you’ll feel comfortable working with us, and to make sure that we will be a good fit, before we begin any form of treatment.
Step 2: Discovering the “Primary Cause” of Your Pain
It can be worrying if you’ve had hand & wrist pain for a long time, and an x-ray, or an MRI might show “arthritis” or “bone spurs”, “carpal tunnel”, or sometimes… nothing.
Many people are unaware these problems MAY get better, even if your doctor has said you need either need surgery or learn to just accept it.
The body is very complex, and everything is truly ‘connected’.
We often find there are other parts of your body that may not be working ‘correctly’, and makes your hand & wrist ‘compensate’ for these problems.
Examples of this may include:
- Old injuries which create ‘compensations’ causing unnatural stress on your hand & wrist
- ‘Scar tissue’ and stiffness that develops from chronic inflammation causing lack of mobility in your hand & wrists
- Poor postures that cause muscle tightness which come from sitting for too long or driving too many hours
- “Tight neck muscles” which can compress nerves that go to your hand & wrists and creating a problem without you knowing
- Doing stretches or exercises that might be making your condition worse
But for every single person, the ‘primary cause’ may be a bit different. Because it depends on you, your injury history, your body type, and many other factors.
Our goal is to get to the bottom of the real cause of pain, eliminate it, so you can start your path to getting your mobility back, and return to the things you love the most.
Which is why we perform a full-body movement assessment.
What is a Movement Assessment?
A deep analysis of every single one of your movements, head to toe. This allows us to see very clearly what is different about YOU, and to SHOW you how everything is connected.
Our movement assessment will capture all of these potential causes, determine the “primary cause”, give you clarity, and peace of mind to know that this problem of yours CAN be fixed.
These movement assessments are unique to you, your history, your injury, and your pain!
Step 3. “Hands-On Treatment” To Help You Quickly Ease Pain and Restore Your Mobility & Movement
People are usually told to ‘stretch’, or do some rehab exercises’ for their hand & wrist pain. But the problem is, it is impossible to do safe, effective exercise when you are in pain!
And in some cases, doing the WRONG stretches or exercises can make the pain worse.
Which is why, BEFORE you start to move, or exercise it is important to alleviate the PAIN, especially with movement.
We accomplish this through “Hands-On Therapy” or in Physical Therapy jargon: Manual Therapy.
What is Manual Therapy?
Manual therapy is the art of using highly scientific, targeted techniques that will help you QUICKLY restore mobility, reduce pain at rest, and alleviate pain with movement BEFORE you do any form of exercise.
We use our hands, and different tools that will help you feel better by:
- Breaking down scar tissue that built up from old injuries
- Unlocking stiff, cranky, and inflamed joints
- Releasing tension in ‘knots’ or ‘muscle spasms’ that create discomfort
These treatments work by creating removing the “restrictions” from areas that are chronically injured. It will increase blood flow and circulation into these areas, which will improve the flow of oxygen and promote a much healthier environment for your tissues to heal.
Our clients are usually SHOCKED to see how quickly their mobility returns just after a few short treatment sessions.
No, it’s not like “chiropractic”
While we do have the ability to perform these types of “cracking” techniques, our ‘manual therapy’ techniques are much more targeted to treat the ‘soft tissues’ which will take pressure OFF painful joints, instead of directly ‘adjusting’ an area.
We have developed our manual treatment methods from decades of training and clinical practice as Physical Therapists. In order to give you the quickest, most effective, and safest way to restore your motion before you start to exercise.
Step 4: Re-establish Your Brain-Body Movements Through a Personalized Program
Most people make the critical mistake of believing that once the pain has gone down, that your body has healed.
Nothing further could be from the truth!
Most people don’t realize when hand & wrist injuries happen, the connection from your body to your brain is also injured.
A lot of people wrongly assume that for hand & wrist pain, all you need to do is “strengthen your upper arm & forearm muscles” or to “do some stretches” and think it’s enough to get rid of the pain for good…
But when there is something as serious as chronic hand & wrist pain…
There is MUCH MORE to it than just doing some ‘exercises’ or some ‘stretches’.
When people suffer from hand & wrist pain for a long time, the brain learns to cope with it by trying to ‘compensate’.
Examples of these “compensations” might be:
- Incorrectly using your neck and shoulder muscles so your hand & wrist can function
- Increased pain or pressure while sitting in once place for too long
- Having to constantly toss and turn in awkward positions just to be able to sleep through the night
- Constantly feeling limited in your ability to grasp & pick up things, like picking up your kids or grandkids, or move freely without feeling the constant ‘sharp pain’ in your hand & wrist
- Or an inability to do normal exercises, or household chores because the hand & wrist pain just doesn’t allow it to happen
Why Does This Happen?
Because the brain is trying to protect your body from doing movements it might consider harmful!
Unfortunately, most ‘exercise protocols’ you may see on YouTube, in magazines, or handed out by medical practitioners or even in physical therapy, only focus on building ‘strength’, which does nothing to restore these very important brain-body connections.
At PEAK Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation, our personalized movement program offers much more than a “sheet of exercises”, or some ‘core workouts’…
We provide highly personalized, individualized, in-depth training of your movements in a safe, but also challenging (but rewarding) way.
We do this by using advanced neuroscience and exercise physiology, and give you absolute laser focused attention into every single movement that you perform.
This will allow you to QUICKLY:
- Restore your confidence with ALL movements throughout the day that you may have been fearful, or guarded about
- Help you return to exercising again, but with PROPER form and technique so you don’t have to worry about hurting yourself in exercise
- Help you develop much more ‘body awareness’ so you can feel when you are doing a movement improperly and correct it
- ENJOY moving, and exercising again, instead of dreading it
- Help you get back all the ‘little things’ that you may take for granted throughout the course of the day, like putting on your seatbelt or jacket, and playing with your kids and grandkids without constantly thinking about your hand & wrists.
Step 5: Restore Your Quality of Life
We work best with people who are motivated, who have a strong desire to become active again, and with people who feel like their body has so much more to offer…
But you might just feel stuck about what you should be doing.
If you are willing to put in a little bit of work, if you are willing to learn a bit about your body, and if you are ready to get back the quality of life you want, then you will be a great fit with us…
And you can expect to see amazing transformations.
- A life where you can sleep easily through the night without pain, or having to rely on muscle relaxants or painkillers
- Get back to exercising again, but without any pain holding you back so you can finally get in shape again
- Be able to play with and pick up your kids or grandkids without any worry of your hand & wrist giving out
- A life with better posture that will not only take pain away from your hands & wrists, but help you move, lift & carry, and exercise with confidence
- A life where you no longer have to carry the constant burden of stress, tension, or pain building up in your hands & wrists any longer
- Restore long lost movement and energy so you can keep up with friends and family again, without having your life dictated by constant hand & wrist pain
- A return to your active, normal, lifestyle without having to take pills or bother the doctor for this problem again!
Call or email us, and we will have an honest conversation about your health and decide if we will be a good fit to work with one another. If you feel lost or overwhelmed with your hand & wrist pain, come see if you have truly found what you have been looking for: answers and resolution to your hand & wrist pain. Also, we are conveniently located in Williamsburg, VA. to serve your physical therapy needs!