Here’s How We Can Help You…
If you’ve found our site because you are looking to work with a physical therapist, or have been recommended to try physical therapy, then you have come to the right place!
But before we get started, I have created a free guide, 12 Frequently Asked Questions on How Pain & Lack of Mobility affects Your Quality of Life!
This guide is perfect for you if:
- You are simply looking to learn more about pain
- What is Mobility and if you don’t have it, why it affects you drastically
- Are unsure, or skeptical about what Physical Therapy can do for you versus surgery, injections, and/or medications
- You want to know the 12 most common questions that I get asked as a Physical Therapist on how you can reduce pain, improve movement, and thus resume your normal quality of life, this guide is for you!
FREE REPORT: 12 Frequently Asked Questions on How Pain & Lack of Mobility affects Your Quality of Life
Yours Free From Senior Physiotherapist, Sasha Digges
Why Should You Download This Report?
Because I have found most people who are simply searching for an answer to their pain & problems, seeking a Physical Therapist, or have been recommended to try Physical Therapy may not be completely sure about what Physical Therapy is, or what it CAN do for you.
And if you are in pain, are injured, and just looking for a way to heal your injury naturally, and get back to living a normal, active lifestyle…
I want to make sure that you have a good understanding of what Physical Therapy CAN do for you, and the potential benefits it can have…
To not only help you get rid of your pain and injuries, but also make sure your pain and injuries stay away permanently, so you can restore your mobility and enjoy a better quality of life.
Is Physical Therapy Right For Me?
Unlike other services such as chiropractic, massage, or acupuncture, which may provide ‘temporary relief’ of pain and symptoms…
Physical Therapy (when done properly) not only can help you quickly get rid of your pain…
But also make sure that your pain STAYS away, so you can get back to living your active normal lifestyle.
The thing is, the human body is very complex, and its ability to heal, regenerate, and recover naturally is not something that should be underestimated.
But in order for that to happen, it does require time, patience, and a bit of work on your end. So if you are someone who is:
- Looking for a quick fix, magic pill, or overnight solution
- Uninterested in learning, or taking an active role in your recovery
- Would rather take pills, or even have surgery to avoid you having to move, or exercise Then you will NOT be a good fit for us…
However, you ARE someone who is a good fit with us if you:
- Willing to take an ACTIVE ROLE in your recovery
- Health conscious and wants nothing but the best, highest quality of care for your body
- Wants a NATURAL, PERMANENT solution to your pain or injury that does NOT involve pills or surgery
- Wants to get back to just living your normal, active lifestyle without having your life constantly dictated by pain
- Want to be able to play without having to constantly worry about your body giving out and being in pain
Then, just like the people below, you can expect a truly amazing, transformative outcome… EVEN IF you’ve been in pain for years, or doctors told you nothing else could be done.
What Makes Us Different?
Occasionally I hear of people who are a bit skeptical, or unsure about physical therapy. People tell us all the time:
- Friends or family members who tried Physical Therapy and it didn’t work for them
- At previous Physical Therapy, all I did was give me a bunch of exercises that I could have done by myself at home
- Or how the therapist barely spent any time with me and I felt like I was getting bounced around like a number, instead of a person
At PEAK Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation, I want to assure You that this is NOT the case…
And what makes us different and unique from other therapy clinics you may have either tried, or heard about, is our 5-step process.
Why Do We Have a 5-step Process?
This is to ensure that every single person who steps into our clinic receives the absolute best physical therapy, world-class quality of care to give you the best possible chance of not only getting out of pain, but help you get back to the activities you love.
Step 1: Getting to Know You – Meet YOU where You Are!
When you are in pain, or have been injured, you deserve a chance to have your story heard and be listened to.
It can be difficult to get a doctor to spend more than 10 minutes with you nowadays (and doctors are much more likely to prescribe pills or recommend surgery, because of the lack time to figure out the primary cause of the issue).
But at PEAK Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation, we understand every single person that walks into our clinic is different, and had a unique history, body type, and also set of goals and desires…
Which is why our very first step, before we begin any form of treatment is to get to know you!
We WILL take the time to listen to you, and your story, and fully try understand what you’re going through, and the frustrations you may have…
And also learn what your goals are, so we can create a highly personalized plan of action that is perfectly tailored to you and your needs.
- Whether you just want to go about your normal day and activities without worrying about some sort of pain or injury holding you back
- Or if you want to enjoy life with your friends, family, kids and grandkids without feeling the constant fear or burden of pain
- Or you want to start exercising again either at the gym or in your favorite sport or activity…
We will create a plan that is catered around YOU.
And when it comes to making critical medical decisions about YOUR health and YOUR body, we want to make sure that we are a good fit for each other BEFORE we commit to anything.
Or goal is to first have an honest conversation about your health.
email us button…..call us button
Step 2: Discovering the “Primary Cause” of Your Pain
You can choose to believe it or not, but everything in our body is truly ‘connected’.
One of the biggest mistakes many medical practitioners make is focusing on the ‘symptom’ of pain, without taking the time to properly evaluate & assess thus “Discovering the Prime.”
And THIS is the single biggest reason why so many people suffer from pain for much longer than they should.
What do I mean by the Discovering the Prime?
‘Discovering the Prime” is a phrase we use at PEAK Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation to refer our primary goal of determining the “primary cause” during our first meeting known as the assessment or evaluation.
This initial primary goal is to determine the single most cause of Your pain and/or dysfunction (ie: poor movement quality). This can be the result of an injury, chronic overuse, and/or lack of use leading to one, or many parts of the body that may be stiff, weak, or lack the proper control which can cause other parts of your body to “compensate” and cause pain elsewhere.
What may be difficult for people to understand about these “primary cause” areas is they may not actually be painful!
Some examples of this might be:
- “Tight hips” pulling on your lower back causing inflammation and scar tissue to build up
- A “pinched nerve” in your neck causing “referred pain” down into your shoulder or your arm
- An old ankle injury that didn’t heal properly which could be causing your knee to “compensate” for your injury
And often times it is problems with these “connections” or other non-painful parts of your body that are likely causing more pressure, strain and inflammation to be building up elsewhere.
How do we Discover The Prime of YOUR injury?
In order to figure this out, we will need to take you through a full-body movement assessment.
What’s in a movement assessment?
- A head to toe movement screen that will analyze all of your body’s movements Deep analysis of the “weak links” in your chain, that might explain WHY another part of your body may be “compensating”
- Identify areas of restrictions within your body that may be causing stiffness and/or tension in another area of your body
- Our movement assessment will capture all of these potential causes, determine the “primary cause”, give you clarity, and peace of mind to know that this problem of yours CAN be fixed.
This is to ensure every single possible connection within your body is properly assessed, in order to give you the best possible shot at not only relieving your pain, but to give you a proper understanding of WHY the pain is happening in the first place.
These movement assessments are unique to: You; Your history; Your Injury; Your Pain!
Step 3. “Hands-On Treatment” To Help You Quickly Ease Pain and Restore Your Mobility & Movement.
In step two, we “Determine the Prime’ of your pain through our full-body movement analysis. This allows us to focus on the KEY areas of YOUR body that we believe to be causing your pain, the cause of the injury, and/or what is perpetuating your issue.
In step 3, our goal is to then reduce, and eliminate your pain with movement BEFORE you start to move or exercise.
Sadly, I hear of too many people suffering from pain for much longer than they should because they are told to “stretch” or “exercise” to get rid of the pain.
But that’s similar to having a broken car that will just fix itself by “driving it around a little”…
Which is why step 3, it is critical to first ELIMINATE your pain with movement, and “Correct” the parts of your body that may not be working properly.
How do we do this?
Through something we call “Hands-On Therapy” or in Physical Therapy jargon – Manual Therapy.
What is Manual Therapy?
At PEAK Physical Therapy, our therapists are like “body mechanics” where we either use our hands, or our tools to help loosen, or unlock joints, muscles, or other areas of your body that are restricted, stiff, achy or cranky.
You see, when chronic stiffness, or injuries occur, your body will develop problems such as:
- Joint stiffness
- Scar tissue and inflammation
- Lack of muscle flexibility which restricts “proper movement”
- Restriction of the Nervous System
These types of problems make it very difficult for your body to move the way it was intended, and end up causing problems in other parts of your body.
But through our manual therapy techniques, we are able to quickly locate, and “loosen” or “correct” these parts of the body so it can start to move the way it was intended.
Some of these techniques include:
- Active Muscle Release
- Functional Dry Needling
- Myofascial Release
- Myofascial Decompression (also known as cupping)
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (also known as IASTM)
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Manual Stretching
- Joint Mobilizations
- Joint Manipulations
Will these techniques hurt?
A common question that gets asked is whether these types of treatments “hurt” or will cause “more pain.”
I want to assure you that is NOT the case here.
While these techniques may sometimes cause a small bit of discomfort, and maybe a bit of soreness, it usually comes in that form of a “good hurt” in that you know something positive is happening inside your body.
But I also want you to know that YOU are ultimately in control of what happens to your body.
Before we perform ANY treatment, we will take the time to thoroughly explain every single technique or treatment to you, and how you will benefit from it, to make sure you understand and feel comfortable with our methods.
Our “Hands-On” manual therapy techniques separate us from other clinics that may be more “exercise” based, because it will help you restore mobility, and get rid of pain QUICKLY without having to do a ton of stretches or exercises.
Step 4: Re-establish Your Brain-Body Movements Through a Personalized Program
Many people who struggle with an injury due to pain may be told:
“just start exercising”
“You need to strengthen your muscles”
“do some more walking and some light stretches”
However, if you are in pain, exercise is not something that should not be carelessly recommended.
Yes, exercise IS an important aspect of healing from injury, but we often see, and hear of people that do the “wrong exercise” or don’t understand how to exercise with “proper form” which often leads to more pain and injury down the line.
Which is why at PEAK Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation our ‘exercise’ programs are specifically catered to your needs.
Our Experts of Physical Therapy bring advanced knowledge of biomechanics, exercise physiology, kinesiology and neuroscience into designing your program.
What does that mean for you?
- 1. Create a SAFE environment where you CANNOT GET HURT. (Your exercise program will be carefully monitored by an Expert of Physical Therapy and you will receive highly focused, attentive care to ensure your form is perfect)
- 2. Teach you movements that are relevant to YOUR needs (such as if you want to get back to the gym without pain, or if you just simply want to be able to live your normal life and do house chores without issues)
- 3. Help you to overcome fears with exercise of movement so you can get back to living normally. (We won’t be “yelling in your ear” or simply “counting repetitions” when you exercise. We will make sure that first, your body is ready to exercise, and secondly, that it is the RIGHT exercise for you…)
The goal of exercising is not only to make you “stronger” but so you can feel confident, and comfortable with your movement again.
Step 5: Restore Your Quality of Life
After performing our evaluation, getting rid of your pain with movement, and helping you restore your mobility through exercise, we also want to make sure we have helped you achieve the goals you wanted in the first place!
So the last step is to make sure you have received the full transformation you’ve been looking for away from pain and dysfunction and onward to bigger and better things.
The human body, mind, and spirit is absolutely amazing and is not something that should be underestimated. There is potential for improvement at every step of the way, despite even in the worst of conditions.
We have been witness to people who have avoided back surgeries, even when doctors have said nothing else can be done…
We have seen people diagnosed with severe arthritis of their knees be able to hike Maccu Piccu WITHOUT needing a knee replacement
We have seen grandmothers go back to playing with their grandkids at the park without ANY worry of their body going out, even though months before they were bed-bound, or in tears just trying to stand up straight.
We promise that there will be NO quick fix, magic pill, or silver bullet to complex problems.
But what we DO promise is to use every single tool, resource and ounce of knowledge that we possess, in order to make improvements in how you move, how you feel, so that you can achieve the outcome you are looking for.
We are NOT a clinic that uses a few machines, or gives out sheets of exercises.
We ARE a clinic that specializes in doing everything and anything possible within our scope of practice to help people make significant transformations within their confidence, mobility, and quality of life… Without needing to take pills or have unnecessary surgery… even if all other conservative options have failed.
If you would like to learn more about what we can do for you, please call us at 757-564-7381 or email us.